Friday, June 17, 2016

YouTube made me do it



Hello again everyone. Today's post is about all those purchases I have made because of YouTube. I watch YouTube fairly often and in so doing have come across some really great products that I discovered because of all the wonderful people on YouTube. Now, a LOT of my makeup comes from YouTube recommendations, and obviously I could not include every piece of makeup that I have ever seen on YouTube, so I chose those items that were specifically only purchased because of YouTube or items that you may now know about unless you watch videos. I hope you get some great recommendations guys! Here we go...

Morphe Brushes 35O palette: www.morphebrushes.com



Okay so this brand is one of those "indie" brands that the average person may not know about. I love everything I have ever purchased from this brand. If you are having a hard time applying eye shadows, most likely it is because of the brushes you are using. Good brushed are important, and this brand has great brushed that are affordable. 

They also have great shadows. I have a couple different palettes from this brand. My favorite is the very popular 35O palette. It gets a lot of hype on social media, but I think it is well deserved. The colors are very buttery and pigmented. The mattes last all day. I don't think the shimmers last as long as the mattes but they do last a long while. 

Becca Cosmetics x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette



This is limited edition and once they are gone, they are gone forever, so if you love a pretty highlight go buy it right now on Sephora.com or in stores. Right NOW. This product is amazing. I absolutly love how gorgeous the blushes and highlights are. In case you didn't know Jaclyn Hill is a very successful makeup artist on YouTube. She is amazing and has some great tutorials. Go check her out. 


Colourpop Cosmetics: colourpop.com


I have mentioned this brand multiple times and for good reason. This brand is so inexpensive and has some great quality products. I could not pick one thing so I included the whole brand. I am sorry, but I have too many favorites. I feel that this brand is gaining some mainstream popularity but I first discovered it in YouTube. 

Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm




Yes you saw that right. Men's shave balm. I saw this product first on YouTube on Nikki Tutorials channel. She used this post shave balm as a primer and oh my she was right. This balm is so smooth and stays a little tacky which makes my makeup last all day. It is a men's product so it smells like a men's product, but that quickly goes away. It is only a couple of dollars and works so well, go try it out!

Gerard Cosmetics Lip Glosses: www.gerardcosmetics.com







I actually love both their glosses and lipsticks. This brand is another lesser known brand for the everyday person. The prices are pretty mid range. The lip glosses are very highly pigmented and thick without being sticky. The lipsticks are great in pigmentation as well. I have been very happy with all the lip products I have purchased. I have not tried their other products but the lippies are great. 


RCMA no color powder



You can buy this powder online at camerareadycosmetics.com or a couple other online retailers. This is the perfect powder to use to set foundation and concealer. It is very finely milled and like the name has no color so it does not alter the look of your makeup. Added bonus, this powder is so cheap. It is  a must in my opinion. I saw this first on KathleenLights channel and am so happy I picked it up. 

Milani Luminoso Baked Blush












You can find Milani at most drug stores. The brand as a whole is pretty great but this blush in particular. It is a perfect color for summer. It is peach with a slight shimmer. I also love that is goes with almost any makeup look. It is a must buy. 

Christina #WSP lashes www.amazon.com


These lashes are gorgeous. Whenever I wear them I have people ask me if they are my real lashes. They are fluffy and wispy without being overboard. I found out about these guys from KathleenLights again, she is amazing by the way. They are so inexpensive, a six pack is about $15 on Amazon. 

Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer










This is available again at most drug stores. I have seen this bronzer all over YouTube, so I am not sure where I originally saw it. This bronzer is exactly as it sounds, buttery. It is so smooth and natural looking on the skin. It blends out like a dream and smells like coconut. So worth trying. 


Wet and Wild Comfort Zone Palette


This palette is a couple bucks and is so good. You must go out and buy it. It is smooth and creamy and you would have no idea that it is so cheap. The colors are great for more neutral looks but it also has some really great pops of color in it. 

Formula X Prime Nail Base Coat 


This polish really helps prolong your nail polish. I use it all the time and have repurchased a few times. You can get Formula X at Sephora. This will really help your nail routine and adds a few more days between polishes. I feel that it also helps strengthen your nails. 








No comments:

Post a Comment