Tuesday, July 12, 2016

My top 5 eye palettes

Today I am going to talk about my five favorite eye palettes. I think it is important to remember that I do not own all palettes, obviously, so if you love a palette that I did not mention leave it in the comments so I can check it out. I want your suggestions too, especially if I am missing out on something amazing. I am also sure that a lot of these palettes will be repeats if you have followed my Instagram for a while, but that is probably because I love these palettes. I also was sure to pick palettes that are still available so that you can still pick them up. Enjoy (in no particular order...except number one which is seriously my ride or die)

5. Urban Decay Naked palette

This is one of those staple palettes that everyone has. That is for good reason. These eye-shadows are so pigmented and blend so easily. This is absolutely a neutral palette, but you could also get a really pretty smokey eye. I love a bunch of these colors and a few of these are my favorite shadows. The palette retails for $54. I think it is absolutely worth that price especially if you are looking for one palette that can create multiple day and night looks while still being very wearable. 


4. NYX Avante Pop Nouveau Chic palette


That is a mouthful. This is a palette that might be a little less known that the others, but it is deserving of some recognition. I have to be honest. I do not usually love NYX eye shadows. I like some of their singles, but their palettes are not my favorites. This palette completely changed my mind. The pans are huge first of all so you get a lot of shadow for your money. The colors range from neutral to some really pretty pops of color. This would  be a great palette for someone who already has their staples and wants to add some colors without getting too bold or unwearable. The green and purples are so pretty in this one. So creamy and pigmented. Really worth the money. You will not be disappointed and NYX has a couple other palettes in the Avante Pop line with more color if you want to try some more bold colors. Retails for $16.99


3. Morphe 35O palette


I know there is a lot of hype about this palette. I really do think that it is pretty great though. The colors are very warm, so if you are a cool toned girl, I do not think this would be for you. That being said the colors are beautiful. I love a pretty warm eye and you cannot beat the price. Full disclosure I do not use all the shadows in this palette. I think there are quite a few of the dark browns that look very similar on the eye, but even so the other colors make up for it. The shimmer shades are so soft and pretty they almost feel like a cream. They do have a bit of fall out, but I don't mind because of how pigmented they are. Retails for $22.99 on the Morphe website. 

2. Tarte Tartlette in Bloom Palette

This palette is a staple for me. I probably use this more than almost any other palette, aside from #1. This palette is so cute and what I love most is it is great for travel. It is small and compact with an amazing mirror. The packaging is very durable so it makes it the perfect palette to put in a travel makeup bag. I love the color selection because you can create multiple eye looks. Can I also just say that the color Firecracker is the most amazing bronze shade ever. By far my favorite shade in the palette, but honestly I love them all. Gorgeous pigmentation, super bendable, mix of mattes and shimmers, and the packaging is too cute. Retails for $45. 


1. Too Faced Chocolate Bar (original) 

Okay so I bet you are really not surprised. When I was picking palettes I wanted to pick my most used palette and this one is it. I use this on most days and that is saying a lot because I have A LOT of shadows. This palette is the perfect mix of neutrals with some pops of color. I can create so many looks. I think this palette more than any other is the most versatile. I can do a light day look or a smokey night look. There is a great mix of shimmer and mattes. The colors are bendable and pigmented with no fallout. If you needed to choose on palette, this would be my recommendation. I love the others I already mentioned, but this one has my heart. It gets all the hype for a reason. I guess there is nothing more to say, this guy speaks for himself and also bonus smells like chocolate. I mean did any other palette really stand a chance?





No comments:

Post a Comment